Monday 15 March 2010

A Finish

Yes, OK so it's a bit of a shocker. I know, not only am I doing a post that is stitching related but I also have one of those very rare things, on this blog, a post about a finish.

I have been working on a birthday gift for my sister Debra. I started it back in January and had nearly got it finished when the world went slightly crazy around here. Anyway with yesterday being Mother's Day I treated myself to an hour or so of stitching and finished it off.


Lizzie Kate - Cinderella is Proof
On enclosed fabric using DMC threads


As you might have guessed she likes shoes, a passion I simply don't share or understand. I'm hoping to give it her for her birthday but first I have to get round, very quickly, to stitching something for my other sister, Carol, whose birthday is the day after Debra's. As I want to get both pieces framed I'd better get a move on. Just as well things are seriously calming down around here and I'm actually ahead of the game, for once. It won't last but I'm enjoying it whilst I can.

I also have a late posting for the TUSAL



Not surprisingly there aren't many new threads in the jar but those of you with long memories might notice the new jar, it looks much prettier sat on my living room sideboard than the old jam jar did. Obviously I'm expecting the TUSAL to run for at least a decade as that's how long it will probably be before I fill the jar.

In fact just looked on the TUSAL blog to see I've missed a whole month out. I didn't realise I'd been out of circulation for that long. Note to self:

'Must pay more attention'

I must also show you the lovely PIF that Chris sent me. She sent it me so long ago that she must be thinking I'm the most ungrateful PIF recipient ever, especially after she clearly put so much time and effort into what she sent me.


She has made me a beautiful scissor case, with a beaded fob, my very first beaded fob.


From A Gift of Stitching on 28ct with DMC threads.



The back of the case has my initial on it.





Isn't it it delightful and isn't she so clever to make both the fob and card that go with the scissor case.

Finally, an appeal, if you haven't read the post below, please, please do.

13 comments:

Sally said...

Brilliant finish Angela.

Lovely PIF from Chris.

Stitchingranny said...

A great finish and a lovely gift Angela.

KPS said...

Must be something in the air. I picked up my cross stitch last night for the first time in a very LONG time. I'm such a novice still though. Can you tell me what tusal stands for, and pif. Your Cinderella is delightful Angela.

Deb said...

Angela - congratulations on your finish! You certainly do deserve some time to yourself and stitching on Mother's Day. Lovely gift too.

Karan said...

That's a fun finish - sure to be a hit with your DSis. That's a lovely PIF too, lucky you. :0)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jo said...

wonderful finish, and what a fabulous scissor case and fob. Hope you find more time to stitch over the next few weeks

Magia da Inês said...

Olá, amiga!
Conheci seu cantinho... amei!
Lindo, criativo e acolhedor...
Um ótimo fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely finish, Angela. And I also love the beaded fob.

Cath said...

I've nominated you for a blog award , if you'd like to check out my blog and claim it,
thanks

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a fantastic finish, and any true shoe lover would want that! I don't understand that addiction either!

What a great PIF you received.

drea_dear said...

Great finish! And I nominated you for a new award! Come pick it up! :)

Hazel said...

Great finish Angela. Love the pif Chris sent you. Gorgeous. x