Monday 21 September 2009

TUSAL & Framed

A couple of days late, due to post holiday sorting out and a visit yesterday by my parents, but here is my update on my TUSAL.


As you can see there hasn't been much added as I haven't had much sewing time in the last month. The only threads added are those from my Blogversary stitching and the ones left over from the cord I made for Jennifer's pin cushion.

I also picked up my Mum's birthday present in time for her visit for dinner yesterday.


I was really pleased with the way it looked and will certainly be going back there with any future framing I have. Mind yet again it proved expensive as the frame is resting on a piece of linen that I purchased to add to my stash collection. I have also found out that they have framed St Petersburg twice before and that it will cost me over £100.00 to frame it. It's just as well it's going to be a long time before I finish it. I'll need to save up, mind I already know where in the house it is going.

Whilst I was away on holiday I read The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory. A fascinating read for me as it was set in Chatsworth House, a place I know well and Wingfield Manor, which is just down the road from me. In addition it made several references to embroidery,what more could you want from a book.

9 comments:

Yoyo said...

Your Totally Useless Container is looking great!! We don't always have the time we'd like to devote to stitching...but we do try (LOL). Love your mom's gift piece.

Karen said...

Great finish..love the frame. Some "progress" on your TUSAL is better than none!

Meadows08 said...

I have the same LHN Thread pack for my mom. I should stitch it up for her Christmas gift! Yours looks lovely framed up!

Daffycat said...

Lovely TUSAL update!

Your gift for your mom framed up so nice! She will treasure it, I'm sure.

Cath said...

Glad you liked the framing .
A little tip , which we use when doing big project. Every time you stitch , put 50p into a pot somewhere out of the way , then you have a big helping hand when it comes to paying for framing or your next project . You don't miss 50p every couple of days like you'd miss £100 in one great big lump .
X

Karan said...

Framer has done a great job - the piece looks lovely. I like Cath's suggestion for saving for big framing jobs. Don't think I've ever read a PG book that I didn't enjoy from cover to cover. :0)

Jo said...

your picture looks lovely - I bet your mum's pleased!!

I started the Other Queen at the weekend... don't give anything away :)

Yoyo said...

Angela, I popped in to see your October TUSAL...hope all is well with you. Hope you can post a little quickie to let us know you're ok.

Yoyo said...

Wow, ignore that last comment. My RSS reader went nuts and brought me to this post and I just quickly looked at the date and assumed I was in the right place. Geezze when the computer goof up they do a good job....I will now go to your current post and see what all is going on in your life (LOLL