Thursday 10 September 2009

I Shouldn't Be Here

Well the sun is shining outside, the weather is set fair and I should currently be pitching my tent in the shadows of Blencathra and heading out for a short afternoon stroll. Needless to say I'm not. Daughter had other ideas. Last night I got a blue light trip in an ambulance and a visit to the new A&E Department in Derby and no sleep. Not an experience I'm in a hurry to repeat. Daughter who was in a great deal of pain and vomiting doesn't recall much of it as she was completely out of it and that was before she had any morphine.

Thankfully she didn't need to stay in hospital and today is fine, moaning that she can't afford to miss work, on the phone and Internet whilst also watching TV. So, as I said everything seems normal. Husband and I simply didn't have the ability to pack the car, drive for 4 or 5 hours and then spend an hour or so setting up the tent and everything that goes in it. As long as Daughter remains OK we will instead head off early tomorrow morning and should the weather remain OK come home a day later than we originally planned.

I have no sewing to show you as I have been working on my Blogversry pieces for Conny whilst also finishing off an RAK which is now on its way to the USA. Hopefully when we get back from the Lakes I will be able to reveal the RAK to you all.

Thank you to everyone who made such nice comments about my Mum's birthday present and to all the people who commented on the LNS which was new to me. It's very reassuring to know they come highly recommended, especially when the first task I have given them is to frame something for my Mum. I was actually back there on Tuesday buying some threads to finish my RAK with. It really is too close to home for me. I can see a lot of trips to Alfreton in my future. Which reminds me I now have time to make enquiries about a photography course that is running there.

7 comments:

Angela said...

So sorry to hear about your Daughter's ER visit, I hope she will be ok. Hope you have a great time away :)

Conny said...

Hope your daughter will be ok soon.
Can I get a peek of the gift? Ha, ha I'm kidding.

Hazel said...

Oh dear hope she's okay now. sending hugs. xx

Michelle said...

Hi, hope your daughter is much better now. Have a nice time away.

wot said...

Gosh, I hope your daughter feels much better now.

BilboWaggins said...

So glad that it was nothing serious. Hope your delayed journey was uneventful and you have had a good break - the weather has been fabulous for you!

Karan said...

Wow, scarey stuff. Hope your DD is now fully recovered & there are no further such scares. Have a lovely time away - hope we get to see lots of pics when you get back. :0)