Friday 3 July 2009

How Long Can A Birthday Last?

So it was my birthday on Tuesday and as planned we were away on holiday in the Lakes, just in time for the heatwave and midges!!

On Saturday evening, before we went away I was given my birthday presents and allowed to open them, as it would mean I could make good use of them whilst we were away.

Husband, Son and Daughter clubbed together to get me a rucksack. My father-in law gave me a new walking pole to replace the one I lost a few weeks ago. Earlier in the week my parents had given me some money towards my new walking boots.

On my actual birthday I was able to open my cards and Husband and I went for meal that evening at the Brook House Inn.

We came home the next day and there were a few more cards to open.

Then yesterday Son purchased a birthday cake and Husband, Son & Daughter all sang 'Happy Birthday' to me and I had to blow out some candles.

I think I've now finished celebrating my birthday!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes, sounds like you had a good one!!

Stitching Kath said...

belated birthday wishes.

mainely stitching said...

It's extra fun when it lasts extra long! :D

Brigitte said...

I always love a birthday lasting extra long. Happy belated birthday wishes!

Sally said...

Happy Belated Birthday Angela! Sounds like to had a good time:)

Hazel said...

Aww happy birthday. xx

Karan said...

Belated Happy Birthday Angela. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Thanks for releasing the book too - fingers crossed the person who took it makes a journal emtry! :0)

Jo said...

Happy Birthday Angela - I'm really pleased to hear you have managed to replace all the much-needed walking gear - hope thay were all put to good use in the Lakes!

Patricia Lessell said...

Happy belated birthday. And why should it finish so fast anyway. Look as you get older they get longer - trust me! Love Patti xxx