Tuesday 30 September 2008

Better Late Than Never

Today was Son's birthday and so naturally I had to bake him a birthday cake. I'll leave you to work out how old he was but the way his face dropped when I suggested this morning that maybe he didn't need a birthday cake this year was priceless.




Today I finally started on the Jayne's Attic SAL 'Good Friends Count'. To say I'm way behind is an understatement, the final part (5) comes out this week and I've just completed Part 1.








I did it because it was an opportunity to try out new stitches and by and large it has worked out OK. There are to my knowledge at least 2 errors in it and I had to frog the whole of the top row but I'm pleased with it. At least the next two parts will be a lot easier as they are mostly cross stitch. I'm hoping to work on them tomorrow when the plumber arrives to disconnect the shower in the bathroom.





Husband has already done a lot of work in there, stripping the tiles and plaster, which was rotten where the water had got behind the grouting. With any luck I might actually get it finished before Christmas.

2 comments:

Sally said...

That cake looks yummy Angela!

Good Friends is looking lovely. I am sure you will soon get caught up.

BilboWaggins said...

That shower looks horrible - and I empathise completely! When we eventually rip out the (disconnected) shower in the en-suite goodness knows what we will find - I've already found completely rotten floorboards in one corner of the room.

Our plumbers and carpenter arrive tomorrow - sorting out utility room and all sorts of shenanigans in the loft (which have nothing to do with the leakying roof!). hugs, Bilbo